Closing Date: November 26th 2021
Expected Shipping time: Q3 2022
We are glad to come back with Aurora R2 with new colourway and features.
What's new in R2?
With all the new features above, we hope all Aurora users, no matter old or new, can enjoy a great personalized custom typing experience at an affordable price.
The purchase limit per household is:
- 2x Aurora Snow/Fog/Blue/Pink/Clear
Any kits ordered beyond the limit will be refunded, minus a 4% processing fee.
A standard sized, widely available LiPo battery is required for Bluetooth editions but it's not included with the kit. You can source it on your own.
Aurora R2 Highlights:
- Variable gasket mount structure. Remove some or all of the gasket chips to change from firm to bouncy. Both Silicone and Poron gaskets are included to fine tune the experience even further!
- Default PCB (05 - Bodo) for wired version is a hot-swap PCB that supports multiple layouts! This is a very unique feature that lets you use any or all of split L Shift, split R Shift, split Backspace, stepped Caps Lock and ISO Enter, anytime you want. No soldering necessary! Default PCB (06 Iceland) for Wireless version is a Blue Tooth/VIA hotswap that supports splits like Bodo, except space bar. For all PCB specifications, please check PCB table here.
- Default Silicone dampener kits and add-on Poron dampener kit can provide different typing feel and sound, so you can test and choose the one you like most.
- The badges are hot-swappable, meaning you can change them without taking apart the case! There will be a custom badge group buy after R2 GB ends. You can even get a one of a kind badge made with your custom design!
- Personalize your Aurora even further with the use of Logo Chips! The little cutout above the right Arrow Key has LEDs underneath. Cut your own design onto a piece of thick paper and put over the hole to see the light shine through. You can even 3D print plastic chips, laser cut other materials as well. The Aurora will come with one Wuque Studio branded chip, and a blank chip to cover the cutout in case you do not want to use it.
- 1x Ikki68 Aurora top and bottom case
- 1x PCB05 (Bodo) for wired version or PCB06 (Iceland) for wireless version
- 1x Hotswap badge set
- 1x Default PC plate
- 1x Silicone dampening pad between PCB & plate
- 1x Silicone dampening pad between PCB & case
- 1x Silicon Gaskets Set
- 1x Poron Gaskets Set
- 1x Keyboard storage case
- 1x Coiled USB cable (Matches case color)
- 1x Wuque Studio logo chip, color matched to the plate.
- 1x blank logo chip color, color matched to the plate.
- Extra stab washers, screws, diodes, sockets, keyboard feet, hex screwdriver
* PLEASE NOTE there is NO stabs kit by default, you need to purchase it separately, the IKKI68 Aurora R2 is only compatible with the 1.2mm version, you can purchase it from here together with your Aurora R2 kit.
Alu tops and new PCB plate are compatible with R1.
We Recommend to use WS Stabs Aurora Series (1.2 mm PCB) for Aurora R2 PCB05 (Bodo) and PCB 06 (Iceland)
Aurora R2 kits have 1.2 mm PCB by default, WS stabs fit them perfectly, no need for washers or shims. Since PCB05 and PCB06 have more hotswap sockets for various kinds of splits, normal washers or shims won't sit properly. If you really want to use normal stabs, we suggest you to use threads or other things to lift up stabs like this. Alternatively, you can purchase Aurora Stabs here.
Group buy details
Group Buy starts: November 12th, 2021
Group Buy ends: November 26, 2021
ETA to customers: April, 2022
Top Case material:
Aurora Snow: Aluminum top case
Aurora Fog/Blue/Pink/Clear: Polycarbonatebottom top case
- Bottom case material: Injection molded Polycarbonate for all colorways
- Default plate material: PC
- Weight (fully assembled,Alu Top Case, PC bottom case, no optional weight): 830g
- Weight (fully assembled, full PC case, no optional weight): 720g
- Optional Alu top case: 200g
- Optional weight: 320g
- Case: Frosted PC Top and Bottom case or Alu Top case and PC Bottom case
- Typing angle: 6.5 degrees
- Dimensions: 6" x 4.4"
- Base height: 9" tall without rubber feet
All are gold colour as shown below.
Also available at:
- US: CannonKeys
- Canada: Mech.land
- Mexico: rheset
- Oceania: Daily Clack
- Middle EU: Mykeyboard
- West EU: Eloquentclicks
- UK: Proto[Typist]
- Ukraine: Funkeys
- Japan: Yushakobo
- South Korea: Monstargear
- Singapore: iLumkb
- Philippines: Zion Studios (8:00pm PHT )
- Malaysia: Rebult
- Taiwan: Inpad
- Thailand: Gamingplanet
- India: StacksKB
- Indonesia: MKID
- Rest of Asia: zFrontier
- Rest of the world: Wuque Studio
Kindly note that the images are of 3D renders and are for illustration purposes only. The final colours may differ slightly.
The Ikki68 Aurora is DIY, enthusiast product. It is not terribly complicated to assemble, but some basic tool skills such as managing torque with a screwdriver, and some basic keyboard building skills such as how to install stabilizers, hot-swap switches are required. You will not be required to solder anything.
Reading and following the build guide is essential, especially if it's your first time building. Please make sure you are aware of this before building Aurora.
Shipping Time and GB Agreements (PLEASE READ):
These Keyboards are set to be shipped out in Q3 2022 at the earliest. Please use our updates to check the latest position - Linked in the top menu of every page.
Please note that this is a Group Buy. There can be delays and set backs. The timeline is only an estimate. By adding this item to your cart and purchasing you agree that you understand everything above. You will be charged immediately for this item. There are no refunds or cancellations on these orders. Please do not purchase this item with other group buys. Only the items specified in each product picture are included with that particular product.
To validate purchases being limited to 2 per household, shipping address information may be used to cross reference with other worldwide vendors. Only your address information will be used, and no other identifying information. Additionally your information will not be shared with any other party and will be stored securely and deleted once validation has completed.