A collaboration between funderburker and Quaddepos, Onyx is designed to be something new yet classical.
A keyboard that speaks louder than it sounds.
Designed without any compromises, Onyx is a F-row less tenkeyless (FRL TKL for short) with an additional 4 key macro cluster on the side and a clean, minimal brass weight. Onyx is a gasket mounted keyboard that's completely seamless and internally screwed, giving the illusion it's sealed shut without any hardware.
The board sits comfortably at a 7-degree typing angle and is available both in Winkey and Winkeyless variants, with plates being separated into ANSI and ISO layout plate options, both Full and Half-plates.
The VIA-compatible PCB that's been designed by Upas will fit any user and their specific needs while still offering easy configuration and programming. A fully assembled Onyx will be just shy of 2 kilograms in weight.
Group Buy Specifics
- Group Buy launches on February 20th 2021 at 11am
- Group Buy Closes on February 26th 2021 at 8pm
Group Buy will be FCFS format, Make sure your account is all setup on the site and you are ready with your payment method.
Will be region locked to the UK for 10 minutes
There will be a max limit of 30 units for the UK
Limit One per person
- After you order your board you will get a link via email to select your colour options, layout options and any additional Extras to add to your order, this must be completed within 24 hours of receipt
If you add any extras you will receive a further invoice to pay for those parts. This must be paid within 24 hours of receipt
Order modifications will be possible until Saturday 27th February at 12 Noon UK time - any requests after this cut-off will not be possible.
- F-Row Less TKL + Macro Column Layout
- Gasket mounted plate
- Seamless, internally screwed case design
- 7 degree typing angle
- VIA-compatible PCB with USB-C daughterboard, designed by Upas
- ANSI and ISO support, WinKey & WinKeyLess layouts
- Internally screwed minimal weight design
- Your choice of WK or WKL Top
Each Onyx Keyboard will come with the following:
- 1x 6063 aluminium board top
- 1x 6063 aluminium board bottom
- 1x Brass weight
- 1x Anodized Aluminium Plate or Brass Plate (depending on variant)
- QMK + VIA Compatible PCB designed by Cannon Keys w/ ESD protection
- Custom Feet (8mm bumpon compatible, so if you lose the custom feet, they are easily replaceable with bumpons)
- Microfiber cloth and padded zip case with foam
- ANSI or ISO
WinKey or WinKeyLess
- Silver Top / Red Bottom / Red Aluminium Plate
- Black Top and Bottom / Black Aluminium Plate
- Green Top and Bottom / Black Aluminium Plate
- Navy Top and Bottom / Black Aluminium Plate
- E-white Top and Bottom / Sandblasted Brass Plate (If you select this on the colour choice form you will be billed for it in addition at a cost of £15)
- Additional PCB (incl Daughterboard and JST) = £48.00 inc VAT
- Brass Plate (ISO / ANSI) = £50.00 inc VAT
- Polycarbonate Plate (ISO / ANSI) / (Full / Half Plate) = £45.00 inc VAT
Aluminium Plate (Red / Black) / (ISO / ANSI) / (Full / Half Plate) = £45.00 inc VAT
- Additional Gasket set = £5.00 incl VAT
Note: The colours shown here are prototype photos. Production colours will be close, but might not be an exact match to the shown colours.